To find employment within one of MITO's industries, there are some steps that you can take:
1. Check out the following employment websites:
2. Create a free jobseeker profile and promote yourself to employers in MITO's industries who are looking for people just like you!
3. Visit the CareersNZ website, which has a section on ‘How to get a job’. This section has some great tips on job hunting, how to prepare your CV and cover letter and interview preparation.
4. Start making connections with local employers. Below is a process that may help to make yourself known:
- Find out the name of the employer or service manager
- Write to them stating your interest in an apprenticeship and attach your CV
- Follow up with a phone call a few days later and ask if you could come and see them
- If they agree, arrange a date and time
- Get to the appointment on time - be dressed tidily, and be polite and friendly.
If the employer agrees to hire you as an apprentice, contact MITO to let us know. Your local MITO Industry Training Advisor visits the workplace to confirm that it's suitable for training you. Then you, your employer and MITO sign your training agreement.