Women in Trades Mini Conference
Despite the great benefits of joining a trade, women make up less than 5% of tradespeople. MITO is proud to be a sponsor of the Women in Trades mini-conference on Wednesday 6 September - an event designed specifically for women interested in learning more about starting a career in the trades.
Find out more about:
- The benefits of becoming an apprentice
- The different trades and their career pathways
- How to get started in your trade
- What scholarships and financial assistance there are for your study
Highlights of the conference include:
- A guided tour of construction sites in Wynyard Quarter, learning more about the different trades that come together on a project
- Meeting industry employers and find out about the jobs and organisations available
- Hearing directly from women working in different trades about the challenges and opportunities of a trades career
- Keynote speaker, Julie Raine, will discuss techniques for navigating and networking in male dominated work environments
- Discussion by a panel of current apprentices, training advisors and employers - including 24-year-old apprentice automotive technician, Tessa Kellian from Mercedes-Benz - about apprenticeships, training and career pathways.
So, if you want to build a rewarding career and earn while you learn with no student loan, then register for the Women in Trades Mini Conference today.
When: Wednesday 6 September 2017, 4pm to 8pm
Where: GridAKL, 101 Pakenham St West, Auckland CBD
Spaces are limited so get in quick!