MITO is an industry training organisation. We develop qualifications and on-the-job training programmes to build careers and productive workplaces.
Our national office is in central Wellington and we have a field team located across New Zealand.
Enriching lives and inspiring futures
Our vision and values guide everything we do and how we do it, in a family-like working environment where progressive change and improvement is encouraged and embraced, with further career opportunities sought for those that excel.
We’re careful to select team members that align to our vision and values. If you’re interested in working for us, then check out our current vacancies.
We’re looking for a National Assessor to join the Qualifications Group at our national office in central Wellington. The National Assessor has primary responsibility for the development, implementation, and ongoing reviews of MITO’s assessment strategies, including policies, procedures, and processes. The National Assessor is also responsible for ensuring that MITO’s assessments are carried out according to best practice principles and comply with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- In-depth knowledge of the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, specifically related to industry training
- Previous experience in the educational sector, designing, implementing and conducting assessments
- Exposure to quality control systems
- Exposure to MITO’s industries desirable, but not essential
- Proven networking skills with diverse market segments
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer skills are essential – Windows environment
- Experience in policy development and implementation
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the promotion of and adherence to health and safety practices.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy and friendly team in an environment where progressive change and improvement is encouraged.
Please email your application with ‘National Assessor’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.