Trainee Gas Distribution Fitter
Are you mechanically minded? Do you like a challenge? Are you keen to learn and would like a job where you will learn valuable skills and achieve relevant national qualifications?
Electrix Ltd is a high profile, long term leader in the Australasian electrical and gas contracting markets. We provide a wide range of services to the power, electricity, gas and industrial and commercial contracting sectors. Electrix Ltd is also one of NZ’s foremost electrical construction and maintenance companies.
An opportunity has arisen for a trainee/assistant gas distribution fitter in our gas business unit based in Hamilton. This is an exciting career prospect, with considerable industry and job specific training where you will learn valuable skills to achieve national qualifications in the gas industry.
• Assisting with installing new gas connections in the wider Hamilton region
• Compiling and completing accurate documentation
• Assisting the gas distribution fitter with construction and expansion of the gas distribution network
• Providing quality customer service to customers and the public
• Ensuring that work is carried out to required standards and plans, stopping work if unsafe or not to standard, reporting QSE issues that arise and managing risks in the workplace.
• Assisting with the determination of requirements for installation of gas pipelines and metering, e.g. type, size, position
• Represents the company on customer sites so that the image of the company is maintained and promoted
• Type of work and work locations will vary dependent on client requirements, requiring flexibility in work practices and working conditions.
Key skills and qualifications required:
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Mechanical aptitude
• Be physically fit and capable of manual labour
• Good work ethic
• Keen to learn and problem solve
• Customer service minded with good interpersonal skills
• Computer literate with ability to learn
• Current full New Zealand driver’s license.
Electrix will offer an attractive remuneration package to the right candidate that includes fully funded medical insurance and generous contributions to KiwiSaver.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand. In accordance with the company’s drug and alcohol policy, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and medical.
We prefer online applications. Please apply at our careers website www.electrix.co.nz/careers where you will be required to complete an online application. This may take a few minutes.