Service Operations Advisor
Employer:AB Equipment Ltd
Join New Zealand’s market leader in construction, materials handling and environmental equipment.
Are you an Automotive Service Manager in a small to medium business or maybe an Assistant Manager or Foreman looking for the next step in their career? Do you aspire to one day being the Service Manager of one of Auckland’s largest service workshops?
About your new company:
At AB Equipment we sell and provide customer support for some of the world’s most respected Materials Handling, Construction and Forestry Equipment brands. AB Equipment leads the way in the sales, service and rental of heavy equipment and machinery by utilising our network of 19 branches throughout NZ. Our Auckland branch Materials Handling department has a team of over 55 staff including technicians, team leaders, coordinators and administrators. All we are missing now is you!
About your new role:
Our Auckland branch (based in East Tamaki) is looking for a switched on, capable, multi-tasker who can build relationships with people at all levels to join their fantastic team in the key position of Service Operations Advisor. Our ideal candidate is willing to learn, is quick on the uptake and understands the importance of professionalism when dealing with colleagues and customers. Sound computer skills and technical experience is essential.
As 2IC to the Materials Handling Service Manager, your responsibilities will include the day to day running of the Service Administration department, control of work in progress, management of the quoting process, support of the Service Manager including but not limited to technical support.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Previous experience in an automotive or machinery trade environment
- Mechanical knowledge
- Administration experience
- A strong communicator with the ability to prioritise and reach deadlines
- Results focused with a team player can-do attitude
- IT literate, especially in respect of Microsoft Office packages
- A well-planned and organised approach to the role
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Work vehicle, laptop and mobile
- Ongoing training and development
- Free medical and life insurance eligibility after 3 months
- Opportunities to progress within the business and grow your career
- Great team culture backed by a passionate manager.
If you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand, submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than two paragraphs telling us why you are interested in the position and how you have what is needed to succeed in the role.