Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanic
Employer:Penske Commerical Vehicles
An opportunity currently exists for an experienced Workshop Diesel Mechanic to join our Workshop in Wiri, Manukau City.
In this role, your key responsibility will be to provide outstanding customer service to our customers as part of our Service Department.
To be successful in this role, it is important that you:
- Are able to provide an efficient and accurate service to customers
- Hold a trade certificate in Engineering (Mechanical Trade) or equivalent
- Experience of at least 3 years in the Heavy Vehicle industry
- Strong communication abilities, including the use of computers and customer management
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical failures and recommend solutions
- Have a desire to continually improve the level of service provided to customers
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in our Company’s product lines including MAN, Western Star, Dennis Eagle and Detroit
- Take pride in completing jobs to a high standard
- A strong work ethic with a demonstrated background working effectively as part of a team
- A track record of reliability and punctuality.
Experience in American and European trucks would be an advantage. Ideally you will also hold a 2, 3, 4, and 5 Drivers Licence. This full-time opportunity will require the successful candidate to work some Saturday morning shifts, as part of a rotating team roster.
Penske Commercial Vehicles distribute the premium brand vehicles of Western Star, MAN and Dennis Eagle across Australia, New Zealand and parts of South East Asia. As part of the global Penske Automotive Group and supported by a large dealer network, delivering parts and service back up across the Asia Pacific region, we are dedicated to ensuring the success of our customers in the transport, mining and freight haulage industries.
A competitive remuneration package along with excellent working conditions will be offered to the successful applicant.