Field Forklift Technician
Employer:Access Solutions Limited
Access & Forklift Solutions specialises in solving our clients’ access & forklift challenges – wherever they are in NZ.
We are one of NZ’s largest forklift and access equipment providers with over 50 staff across three branches. Due to an internal promotion, we are currently looking for a new field technician. This role is around 85% working on forklifts, the balance will be on EWP access equipment (for which you will receive training). We hold the sole distributorship for the “technician friendly” Nissan Forklifts in the Auckland, Northland & Wellington regions but most of our clients are in the Greater Auckland area with the remainder of the managed fleet spread between Invercargill and Kerikeri.
Your position would include the following:
- Pre-delivery inspections of new equipment
- Service, maintenance and repairs of our Nissan hire fleet
- Maintenance and repair of a wide range of external customer forklifts
- Being on an on-call roster, 1 in 8.
You’ll be a switched-on individual who enjoys being out on the road, managing your time and being pretty self-sufficient. It is important you recognise that you are the “face of the business” and can recognise a sales lead when you see it! We can’t stress this enough –our service delivery is very important to us and our technicians play a vital part in this.
We will look at candidates with two years’ experience or above as for us, it is all about attitude. We need people who understand that it is important to be on time, who keep customers informed and who don’t quail at working to get a job done at 4.30pm on a Friday afternoon!. Benefits include an excellent hourly rate, late model tool of trade vehicle, mobile phone, overalls, hi-vis work shirts, overtime and KiwiSaver.
On our wish list are some or all of the following skills:
- A blend of electro-mechanical gained from forklifts, EWP, agricultural, cranes or earthmoving equipment
- Some hydraulics knowledge
- Auto electrical knowledge
- Past experience gained in a mobile service role
- Trade quals would be great but we’ll also look at those qualified by experience favourably
- Self-managing, independent and able to just get on with it
- Flexible and able to deal with how priorities change in the course of the day
- Willingness to cross train.
Access & Forklift Solutions is a company that works hard and believes in treating its’ staff well. So if it’s time to move to a company that appreciates what you do and does what it says!