An exciting opportunity is available for an earthmoving cadet with Geotech. We are a West Coast based company, but are looking for people who are happy to live in Christchurch, working (and learning) initially on one of our Christchurch project sites.
We are offering successful cadets:
• Full time employment with the company
• Guaranteed 40 hours per week, but more hours may be required
• Opportunity for practical experience working on civil construction and earth moving projects, working under experienced supervisors
• Training in the operation of a wide range of plant and machinery
• On-going training and learning opportunities
• Opportunities to work and participate on a wide range of projects in some great locations
• Good rate of pay.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Contributing to Geotech’s safety and quality culture, looking out for yourself and the team
• Undertaking a wide range of earthmoving, civil construction and labouring duties, with work focussed around machine and plant operation and the learning of practical skills.
You will need to be:
• Keen to learn, happy to muck in, with a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude towards work
• Physically fit, with some literacy skills, a mechanical aptitude or interest is a bonus
• Drug free and happy to comply with ongoing workplace drug free policies
• Have your class 1 drivers licence, and either have, or be willing to study for, your class 2, WTR, class 4
• Flexible, happy to travel occasionally to participate in project work and to gain additional experience
• Respectful and keen to build on opportunities that we can give you.