- Metrolink City Depot, Auckland City Location
- Reporting to the Senior Fleet Supervisor
- Trade qualified and experienced with Class 1 licence essential
- Class 2 and Class 4 license preferred
We have a great role for an experienced, qualified Coach Builder/ Panel Beater. Working within a great team you will be challenged and your day will fly! The primary objective of this position is to assist in efficient and effective body repairs and maintenance of buses and other fleet vehicles to ensure that they meet presentation and safety standards and are available on time to meet roster requirements.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Accident repairs
- Rust repair
- Panel fabrication
- Fibre glass repairs
- Paint preparation
- Interior work, including trims, step edges, relaying lino
- Replacing blinds and information signs
- Welding (Mig and Tig)
Ideally you will bring:
- Completion of an apprenticeship in coachbuilding; trade qualifications, as recognised by the NZQA, are preferable
- Spray painting ability and glass removal/refitting skills preferable
- Welding experience
- Class 1 Licence essential and Class 2 and 4 (HT) preferable
- Computer literacy
In addition, you have a genuine 'can-do' attitude and you're a team player who is also capable of working autonomously. It is essential that you are flexible around working hours given you'll be rostered to work any 5 out of 7 days which may include nights, weekends and/or public holidays.
If this role interests you, please apply online through our careers website: careers.nzbus.co.nz
For further information requests, please contact Sabina Lilamwala on 0800 287 374 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.