Canvas Awning Fabricator/Machine Operator
Cool Awnings are looking for an experienced Canvas Awning Fabricator/Machine Operator to join their team of 18 staff in Auckland.
Reporting to the Product Manager you will be working full time, Monday to Friday (7.30am to 4pm) with overtime as required.
You must have experience with:
- Manufacturing of different kinds of textiles including acrylic canvas and PVC
- Canvas fabrication (beneficial but not essential)
- High frequency welding
- Hot air welding
- Machine operation.
- Manufacturing lateral arm and shadeline awning skins as per sewing sheets
- Welding drop curtains as per sewing sheets
- Manufacturing shade sails as per sewing sheets
- Covering fixed frame awnings as per sewing sheets
- Stripping fixed frame awnings where required
- Ordering of sewing supplies as required
- Using personal protective equipment when required
- Recording all incidents in the health and safety register
- Maintenance of sewing and high frequency and hot air welding machines
- Keeping sewing area clean and tidy
- Stocking shelves with inward fabric and cover strip
- Monitoring of stock levels of fabric and cover strip and notifying the PM when stock is running low
- Notifying PM of issues identified
- Quality checks of all work completed
- Recording the time taken on a job on the job progress folder or sewing sheet or timesheet
- Assisting other team members with manufacturing, welding, assembly and installations of awnings as required.
- Other work as may be required from time to time.
- Quality of sewing completed to a high standard
- Completed work meets the description set out on the sewing sheet
- Completion of fabrication within time expectations.
You must be reliable, physically strong, a motivated team player, willing and happy to learn new things, able to work under pressure during the busy season, have a positive attitude and mature outlook as well as being responsible, honest, practical, aware of cost efficiencies and happy to work at heights.