Automotive Heavy Engineering Diesel Mechanic
- Trade qualified (NZQA certified) & experienced Diesel Mechanic
- Class 1 license essential & Class 2 and 4 license advantageous
- Based in Auckland City
You are Safety focused and would like to form part of a collaborative approach towards continuous improvement in our workshop! Along with your superior skills and strong background working as a Diesel Mechanic, this role calls for a flexible person with the ability to work rostered shifts covering any five out of seven days as well as overtime when necessary.
This is a busy role where you will carry out the efficient repairs, checks and servicing of buses and other company vehicles to a high safety standard. This includes work on COF’s, unit exchanges (including fixing gearboxes and re-lining brakes), compressor and airbrake systems, transmission setting and checking along with the diagnosis and repair of electrical faults.
Ideally, you will bring:
- Trade Qualifications, as recognized by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority, and experience in heavy engineering diesel vehicle maintenance
- Computer literacy, keyboard skills and working knowledge of maintenance systems
- Experience working in an environment practicing ‘5S methodology’
- ZF and Allison gearbox fitting/repair experience
- Experience with automatic transmissions and air conditioning units
- Welding and electrical experience
- Class 1 Full Driver’s License essential
- Class 2 and Class 4 licences preferable
We are looking for a real hands-on, ‘can do’ person. You enjoy team work and autonomy, have excellent communication skills and take pride in a job well done. This is your chance to join a strong and successful company that can offer its employees great career development opportunities. Choosing to join NZ Bus is about being able to make a difference in people's lives, every day - it's a rewarding and fulfilling career choice. If you enjoy working with people who are pragmatic, put your safety first and care about the communities in which they work, then this is the place for you.
If this role interests you, please apply online through our careers website: careers.nzbus.co.nz.
Please contact Sabina Lilamwala on 0800 287 374 for more information.