Assistant Service Manager/Workshop Controller
Employer:Rutherford & Bond Toyota
As our Assistant Service Manager, you will be responsible for managing the back-of-house operation for our biggest workshop within the group. This will involve organising workloads, conducting quality controls and monitoring the productivity and efficiency of our 17 technician and 2 grooming staff.
Experience is key, as we’re looking for an individual who is familiar with the automotive industry, having previously worked in a Workshop Controller position or as either a Technician or Service Advisor.
Contrary, if you're a Technician or Sevice Advisor, looking to get into a Workshop Controller position, we'd also like to hear from you!
This role is not for the faint hearted and will require someone with a strong backbone. We need you to be able to multi-task and manage a busy workload in a fast-paced, pressurised environment; all whilst being able to deliver excellent customer service.
This challenging and busy role will be responsible for the following:
- Job allocation to technician staff
- Monitoring jobs progress and flow, to identify possible job delays
- Daily control of workloads and monitoring measured productivity and efficiency
- Maintaining quality processes and standards to minimise repeat repairs
- Providing daily motivation to a large team of technicians, apprentices and groomers
- Ensuring daily and monthly budget targets are achieved
- Strong delivery of exceptional customer service.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience in the automotive industry, as either a Workshop Controller, Technician, Service Advisor or a similar role
- Leadership or management experience is preferred
- Computer systems savvy with the competency to use our online dealer management system
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to build relationships
- Problem solving skills and confidence in dealing with challenges resulting in excellent outcomes for both the customer and the business
- Clean and current drivers licence.
As a franchise dealership, we have the resources to offer premium training opportunities through Toyota New Zealand. We stand by our excellent working culture at Rutherford & Bond Toyota, where we believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way.
If this sounds like you, don’t wait a second longer. Applicants must be a NZ resident or citizen to apply.