Apprentice Service Technician
Join New Zealand’s market leader in construction, materials handling and environmental equipment.
About your new company:
At AB Equipment we sell and provide customer support for some of the world’s most respected materials handling and construction equipment brands. From our network of 19 branches throughout NZ, AB Equipment leads the way in the sales, service and rental of heavy equipment and machinery.
About your new role:
Do you have mechanical aptitude, are you a practical person who likes pulling mechanical things to bits to see how they work, then figuring out how to put things back together again? You may already be working in a technical environment and want to get recognition of your existing skills?
Our North Harbour branch is looking for a hardworking, dedicated and determined person who has exceptional customer service standards to start as an apprentice Service Technician. You will be working with a company backed by strong leadership, an experienced team and a stable of premium products from around the world.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Have a technical or mechanical background
- Automotive pre-trade/entry level course would be advantageous but not essential
- You will be a positive and motivated individual that has a history of committing to something, be it school, a sports team or some sort of project
- Physically fit, keen and hardworking
- Willing to learn and available to work flexible hours as required
- Serious about achieving a trade qualification and starting a career – willing to sit the required unit standards to complete a New Zealand Certificate
- Committed to 3 – 4 years study while you work
- Have a clean restricted or full drivers licence.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Support and development to ensure you successfully complete your apprenticeship
- Opportunities to progress within the business and grow your career
- Good team culture.
All applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Take the first step in becoming part of the AB Equipment team and apply now!
For further information on the role, contact Craig Moore on 027 575 0989
Applications close Tuesday 26th June 2018