Apprentice Diesel Technician
Truck Stops - Auckland (Mount Wellington)
Established in 1984, Truck Stops have provided unparalleled after-sales parts and service support to the road transport industry for over 30 years. With 17 nationwide branches supporting Hino Trucks, Mack Trucks, Volvo Trucks and Renault Trucks, we have grown to become the largest supplier of truck and bus parts and workshop services in New Zealand and one of the largest employers of apprentices in New Zealand.
So, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to work on some of the most modern and technologically advanced trucks on the road today?
- Do you want a career with prospects and opportunities for succession?
- Do you want to earn a competitive wage whilst you learn new skills?
- Do you want to achieve nationally recognised qualifications?
If the answers are "yes", then a Truck Stops Apprenticeship could be for you!
As an apprentice, you will have a job where you learn knowledge and develop skills to service, diagnose, repair and maintain trucks to very high standards. Through MITO, you will work for four-years towards your National Certificate in Motor Industry (Automotive Heavy Engineering) - Road Transport. You will typically work from 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday and every other Saturday 8.00am to 12.00pm.
If you are interested in becoming the next Truck Stops apprentice, you must:
- have a can do attitude and a willingness to learn;
- have achieved at least a NCEA level 2 in maths & English;
- be prepared to commit to rigorous self study to complete your MITO qualification;
- have access to reliable transport to and from the branch you will be working at;
- hold at least a restricted license by November 2018; and
- you must be a NZ citizen or Permanent Resident.
Ideally, you will have a pre-trade in heavy vehicle. However, this is not a mandatory requirement.
As the successful apprentice, we will provide you with:
- A tool box loaded with tools (T&Cs apply).
- An incremental pay increase each time you achieve 50 MITO credits.
- A safe working environment.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regular training at our purpose built National Development Centre in Auckland.
- A structured career development plan and opportunities for succession.
Complete an 'Expression of Interest' form by visiting: www.truckstops.co.nz/careers/apprenticeships1.
“Keeping the transport industry moving with outstanding on-time parts & service support”.