Apprentice Diesel Mechanic
Bayes Coachlines is a family owned bus and coach company based in Silverdale. We operate a number of school routes on behalf of Auckland Transport as well as operating a fleet of luxury coaches, providing tours of New Zealand for overseas visitors. We currently have an opportunity for someone considering starting a full time heavy diesel apprenticeship to follow a career in the transport industry.
In this role you will learn to service and repair all aspects of buses and coaches in our modern, fully equipped workshop.
Ideally the best candidate would have the following attributes:
• Interest in the maintenance and repair of passenger vehicles. Possibly some experience with heavy vehicles but not an essential requirement.
• Desire to eventually become a fully qualified professional diesel mechanic
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Be reliable and have a flexible attitude
• Keen to be part of a team, ready to help others and able take direction from workshop manager and advice from senior staff members.
As part of the Bayes team you will receive:
• On-the-Job and external training (in association with MITO)
• Complete support for the duration of your apprenticeship
• Opportunity to work at our new premises, based on the Hibiscus Coast, saving on commuting time and costs.
This position is available for an immediate start so if you think this sounds like you please email your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org