Apprentice Diesel Mechanic
Employer:TPW Workshop Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to enter the heavy diesel automotive industry and gain a qualification, while all the time earning as they go. We are looking for someone with energy and passion preferably who already has some automotive knowledge and or training.
The work is both challenging and varied and the successful applicant will need to demonstrate their desire to achieve.
We are looking someone who:
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Has a high level of self motivation
• Has a wide range of skills
• Enjoys a busy environment
• Has high work standards
• Wants to develop their skills and gain a qualification
Excellent training support will be provided to the successful applicant.
Applicants for this position must have either New Zealand residency and/or a current and valid work permit.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- To observe the Health & Safety Policy of the company while undertaking servicing or work duties.
- To service and maintain all vehicles and plant as directed by authorised personnel of the Company.
- To complete all service records in a tidy and accurate manner.
- To use your initiative in the maintaining and servicing of the vehicles and plant, recognising that the company is a 24 hour a day operation, and the work must be completed to a safe and consistent standard at the discretion of the employee.
- To assist other employees to complete their duties by understanding the constraint and time frames of the overall nature of the business.
- To adopt and use the teamwork policy whilst moving through the workload efficiently and safely.
- To be available to work unsupervised as per the roster system, to enable a high standard of maintenance to be upheld.
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time by the company.
- To operate any vehicles within the legal requirements of New Zealand.