Workshop - Leading Hand
Employer:Penske Commercial Vehicles
Penske New Zealand are the distributor of Western Star Trucks, MAN Trucks and Buses, Dennis Eagle Trucks along with MTU and Detroit Engines. With a network of dealers, Penske provides fully authorised parts, service and warranty functions for all brands. We work within on-highway, defence, mining, marine, power generation, oil and gas and C&I markets. Representing these technologically advanced and well-respected brands throughout New Zealand.
Why choose Team Penske?
We are part of the Penske Group with worldwide operations, employing over 40,000 employees across a range of businesses such as; automotive and truck dealerships, motor racing, truck leasing and logistics management.
At Penske we know that it's our people at the heart of our success and we want to make sure you have everything you need to do a great job. That's why as well as a great work environment, we offer the following benefits:
- Accredited training and development programs
- Competitive remuneration
- Reward and recognition programs.
Your new opportunity:
As a leading hand, your key focus will be to guide and direct a team of on highway heavy vehicle technicians. Under your guidance, the team will strive to exceed the expectations of customers, while also meeting productivity and efficiency targets. You will have a strong focus on maintaining a safe, clean and tidy work environment.
- Passionate about working safely and maintaining excellent housekeeping practices
- Have previous leading hand experience or a be a senior technician in a large and busy workshop environment
- Excellent knowledge of on highway heavy vehicles and diesel engines
- Enthusiastic and motivated about delivering excellent customer service
- Enjoy hands on work in leading your team to get the job done
- Good communication skills
- Hold a current driver licence.