RV Service Technician
Employer:Apollo Motorhome Holidays
About the company:
Apollo Motorhome Holidays has operated in New Zealand for over ten years. A publicly listed company headquartered in Brisbane Australia, it has grown to become a global player in the recreational vehicle products and services market, with operations in Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, United Kingdom and Europe. Our business portfolio includes vehicle rental, manufacturing and sales activities.
About the role:
As an RV technician (fleet sales) you will provide technical advice and assistance to the sales manager to ensure that we meet, prepare and present all sales vehicles and exceed customer service standards.
- Maintain all vehicles in line with company guidelines and service standards
- Provide relevant information to customer if and when required
- Inspect and document any second hand vehicles for damages and required repairs
- Prepare for sale campervans and motorhomes in accordance with defined policies and procedures
- Coordinate general vehicle repairs and maintenance, both directly and through coordination of appropriate resources
- Ensure sale vehicles are detailed and cleaned thoroughly
- Work with suppliers and subcontractors to support vehicle and facility maintenance when needed.
We don’t just sell motorhome holidays, we sell an experience!
This position is based at our Auckland branch in Mangere and is a permanent full-time role with 40 hours per week plus reasonable additional hours. The position requires some weekend work and is not suitable for applicants holding a working holidays visa.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of two years practical experience in a maintenance role (e.g. trade/hotels/motel/vehicles/caravans or related maintenance)
- An open driver’s license and good driving record
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work unsupervised within a team environment
- A positive can-do attitude
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Sound understanding of technical use of specific tools
- Relative mechanical or automotive aptitude
- Sound computer skills
- High standards of housekeeping throughout the workshop.
Culture and benefits:
We believe our people are our most valuable asset and therefore we encourage those that show ability and desire to grow with the company.
We place great importance on fostering training and development.
You will also have the opportunity to take advantage of our generous product familiarisation policy, which allows you to travel in our vehicles free of charge, or enjoy discounted rental rates for you and your family and friends.