Outback Communications in Christchurch have a position available starting in January 2019 as an installation technician.
This role will involve configuring, installing, servicing and diagnosing faults with assorted electronic devices such as:
- Tait, Hytera and other brand commercial radio equipment
- GPS systems - EROAD, Navman etc
- Automotive electrical - LED lighting, emergency lighting, automotive body wiring etc.
If you have completed your auto electrical apprenticeship, we will offer other opportunities for training and development based on your interests.
This role will involve installation and service work, and is primarily a field technician role. You will be getting your hands dirty.
The ideal applicant will:
- Work well independently
- Have a good grasp of basic electrical theory
- Experience with automotive installations (not essential, but helpful)
- An interest in electronics and radio communications
- Be well presented and professional
- Go the extra mile.