Heavy Diesel Mechanic
We have multiple positions available for experienced Diesel Mechanics to join our new workshop. This role will be based in Wiri at our new 11,000 square metre site home to corporate offices, a retail showroom and a parts warehouse supporting the whole of New Zealand, parts and service offices.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units
- Rebuild gas and/or diesel engines.
- Relevant certificate and/or trade qualification
- Previous experience in the truck and transport industries
- Good manual dexterity - the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
Joining Iveco and being part of CNH Industrial means working in a dynamic and multicultural environment, in a lean and flexible organization that is open to new opportunities in emerging markets, with a strong focus on research and innovation aimed at achieving excellence at all levels.
- Productive and challenging work environment
- Onsite parking
- Career growth and international career opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package.