We are have a position available for a qualified diesel mechanic to help maintain and service our fleet of modern Isuzu trucks.
Rubbish Direct is a specialist collector of rubbish and recycling operating in the Auckland area from our base in Glendene, West Auckland.
We are a company with family values, where reliability, accountability and integrity are of utmost importance. It is our belief that the success of our company is driven by our people, and so we are looking for someone who has an eye for the future and wants to be part of and share in our success.
We are looking for a team player to work with our workshop team, someone who can work in a small team and add value to the team's outputs and make a difference.
The role involves servicing and maintaining our fleet of modern Isuzu trucks, both rubbish compactors and box bodies, we pride ourselves on the presentation and standard of our fleet and we are looking for someone who can help improve on what we currently do.
You will come with a positive can do attitude and have an eye for making things better.
You are not afraid to give anything a go and you will put your hand to other tasks to help the team execute its overall duties when needed.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Qualified diesel mechanic
- Knowledge of diagnostics, auto electrics and hydraulics an advantage
- Experience with Isuzu trucks and the DPF system an advantage
- Can comply with and understands the critical nature of Health and Safety laws and policies
- Can manage work given to them by their manager and be relied upon to get it done and in an acceptable time
- Has initiative and can see what makes things tick and therefore how to fix things that don't tick right
- Is flexible and reliable, as after hours support is rostered
- Understands the importance of team work and is not afraid to muck in and help the team achieve
- Able to communicate freely and openly with others and your manager
- Understands and can demonstrate attention to detail.
The position includes a competitive hourly up rate based on experience and ability, Southern Cross Health Care and every 5 years a $5000 long service bonus.